.................with apologies to Alistair Cook

Thursday, 17 April 2008

In the UK...

Flight with Virgin was boring as always, I hate being cooped up on a plane. Some exciting bumps as we hit turbulence which elicited one or two indrawn breaths from the predominantly kid fellow passengers (all back from trotting around Disney) but managed to doze and arrived in Gatwick on time. Strange to see England after all this time, even stranger to find everybody driving on the wrong side of the road - and the cars have gear sticks :) Realised that I have NO English money, so a visit to my friendly bank manager is called for once I get to Deal.

Stopped for a large espresso at a Road Chef where there's free wi-fi - bonus. So, more later as and when I find a suitable internet facility in Deal - there's always The Deal Hoy of course.