.................with apologies to Alistair Cook

Wednesday, 9 July 2008

The new 3G iPhone - why?

Is everybody certifiably insane? People queuing for a week outside the Apple Store in NY, O2 in the UK finding their servers glowing red-hot as millions of Brits attempt to get the jump on the 8a.m. worldwide opening tomorrow. Why? It's a phone FFS! It's not the 2nd coming. It's not the last gig ever by say, The Who. It's a phone! And as it's not able to be bought generally without a long term contract (and a more expensive one than before!), what's the point?

The queue:

iphoneline01.jpg

You can of course send me one. But I'm not wasting my money until somebody figures out a way to (a) jail-break it and (b) more importantly, not require my first born in payment (hear that Ben?).

And this is what it looks like in case you're going shopping, despite what I've said :)

apple-iphone-3g-black-1.jpg